Break the code to find the answers to these mysterious mystery riddles!
Learn the American Manual
Alphabet symbols for the letters of the alphabet
and you will be able to solve these mystery riddles.
Read each question. Then look at the fingerspelling
symbols provided in the box.
Figure out what alphabet or number letter each symbol represents. Then you will have the answer to the riddle. If you have trouble you can refer to the American Manual Alphabet chart.
Click on the answer box to check your answer. Have FUN!
1. Where do cows go on Saturdays?
2. What is a snake's favorite school subject?
3. What goes up when the rain comes down?
4. What does a lazy dog do for fun?
5. Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
6. How do you keep a rhinoceros from charging?
7. What did the dog say when he sat on the sandpaper?
8. What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
9. I have a
face, yet no senses.
Time is of the essence,
but I don't really care.
10. Voiceless it
Wingless it flutters,
11. What has
roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?
12. My life is
often a volume of grief,
Your help is needed to turn a new leaf.
Stiff is my spine and my body is pale,
But I'm always ready to tell a tale.
13. I drink the blood
of the Earth,
and the trees fear my roar,
yet a man may hold me in his hands.
Back to Top.
Disability Awareness for Youth's Games Chamber page.
Disability Awareness for Youth Home Page.
CeDIR's Home page.
Copyright ©1998 Center for Disability Information &
Please send us your comments and suggestions.
Last Updated: 01/19/99, by Melanie Hounshell & Marianne Mercer.
Web Last Updated: 03/25/02.