Evaluation Manageremail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindy Hightower King, Ph.D. has worked as a program evaluator in applied school settings since 2000. Her evaluation efforts focus on after school programs, school wellness initiatives, mentoring, and service learning. In recent years, this work has extended to include the provision of technical assistance and training workshops at state and national conferences in the after school and charter school arenas. Prior to joining CELL, Mindy worked at the Center for Evaluation and Education Policy, where she designed and directed a portfolio of statewide and local evaluation projects for governmental agencies, schools, and foundations. She also served as the Director of Research and Policy Analysis at the Indiana Youth Institute from 2000-2002. Mindy holds and adjunct teaching appointment in the School of Public an Environmental Affairs (SPEA) at Indiana University where she teaches program evaluation and performance measurement courses. Mindy’s work at CELL focuses on providing high-quality utilization-focused evaluation for the center’s projects and education efforts throughout Indiana.
- University of California, Irvine | Doctorate in Health Psychology | 1999
- University of California, Los Angeles | Bachelor's Degree in Psychology | 1992
- Center for Evaluation and Education Policy, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN | Research Scientist | 2002-2011
- Indiana Youth Institute (IYI), Indianapolis, IN | Director of Research and Policy Analysis | 2000-2002
Presentations & Publications
- Holstead, J.A. & Hightower King, M., (2011). High-Quality 21st Century Community Learning Centers: Academic Achievement Among Frequent Participants and Non- Participants. Journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk (JESPAR), 16:4, 255-274.
- Holstead, J., & Hightower King, M., (2011). Enhancing self-assessment of high quality academic enrichment practices. Afterschool Matters,13, 30-37.
- Hightower King, M. & Brown, C., (2011). A Framework for Developing High Quality Performance Measurement in Evaluations. Professional Development Workshop presented at the 25th Annual Conference of the American Evaluation Association, Anaheim, CA, November 2011.
- Hightower King, M., Weikel, M. & Holstead, J., (2011). Aligning After School Programs with the School Day through Service Learning. Presented at the 21st Century Community Learning Centers 2011 Summer Institute, Washington, DC, July 2011.
- Holstead, J. & Hightower King, M., (2011). Developing Positive Working Relationships with School Administrators. Presented at the Beyond School Hours 2011 Conference, Atlanta, GA, February 2011.
- Holstead, J. & Hightower King, M., (2011). Behavior Management Strategies for Special Education Students in After School Programs. Presented at the Beyond School Hours 2011 Conference, Atlanta, GA, February 2011.
Areas of Expertise
- After School Programming
- Childhood Obesity
- Evaluation Capacity Building
- Extended Learning Time
- Performance Measurement
- School Wellness
- Service Learning