Catherine Davies is an educational consultant and TEACCH certified advanced consultant with the Indiana Resource Center for Autism (IRCA) at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Indiana University, Bloomington.
Davies was a clinical psychologist in the UK specializing in developmental disabilities. She has over 30 years’ experience working with children and adults with developmental disabilities and was a special education teacher and school psychologist.
Since relocating to the U.S., Davies has worked as a psychoeducational therapist with the TEACCH Autism Program in North Carolina supporting people with autism spectrum disorders. She was also the clinical director of a college program for adults with autism spectrum disorders and had a private practice as an Autism and Structured TEACCH consultant.
Davies’ areas of interest and expertise include training and consultation for teachers, other professionals and parents regarding using Structured TEACCH and Visual Structure as well as work involving adolescents and adults with high functioning autism.
Degrees and Certifications
Davies obtained her Master’s in Education and subsequently another in Psychology from the University of Wales going on to complete her professional training in Clinical Psychology with the British Psychological Society in 1998.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, IN Professional Licensing Agency, since 2005
- TEACCH ® Certified Advanced Consultant, since 2014
- Licensed Psychological Associate, NC Psychology Board, since 2000
- Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP), 2000
- British Psychological Society, Leicester: Statement of Equivalence in Clinical Psychology (Professional Training), 1996-1998
- Chartered Psychologist (equivalent of Licensed Psychologist), 1995
- Davies, C. & Dubie, M., (2012). Intimate Relationships and Sexual Health: A Curriculum for Teaching Adolescents /Adults with High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Social Challenges . Shawnee Mission, Kansas: Autism Asperger Publishing Company.
- Davies, C., (2012). Structured Classrooms. In Volkmar, F. R. (Ed) Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders eReference (online access). New York: Springer.
- Davies, C., (2012). Classroom Structure. In Volkmar, F. R. (Ed) Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders eReference (online access). New York: Springer.