This targeted training introduces employment services professionals to the fine art of vocational themes and informational interviewing, key components of the Discovery process.
Training focuses on development and caseload application, which will allow participants to immediately apply new knowledge and skills in their workplaces.
Participants will be introduced to:
- How interests inform vocational themes
- The role that skills, conditions, and personality play in guiding decisions
- Construction of broad vocational themes
- Scripting for informational interviews
- The purpose and power of informational interviews in the Discovery process
- The use of social networking, a vital tool for job development
Now online! New format and training dates.
- Part 1: June 23, Zoom Webinar, 10-11:30 a.m., Eastern Time
- Part 2: June 24, Zoom Webinar, 10-11:30 a.m., Eastern Time
If you have questions about any upcoming CCLC employment trainings or need training accommodations, contact the Employment Technical Assistance team at EmployTA@indiana.edu.