Middlebury Community Schools
704 W Lincoln Ave.
Goshen, IN 46256
Child Count: 61
Describes how special education services are provided.
• Push-in: Special educator or therapist provide services through integrated therapy services within the daily schedule.
• Consultative: Service delivery provided by general educator with periodic consultation from special educator and/or therapist.
• Pull-out: Service delivery provided by special educator or therapist outside of the classroom
A range of activities and environments that eliminate the physical, social and instructional barriers to learning (DEC, NAEYC 2009).*Universal Design for Learning
• Planned interventions/modifications to ongoing classroom activity or materials to maximize children's participation.
Intentional multi-tiered instructional strategies that increase a child's engagement, participation and learning (DEC, NAEYC 2009).
• Strategies that address individual learning goals within the context of ongoing routines, activities and transitions.
• Used with children who require more intensive supports by providing targeted approaches to move children progressively toward skill development, e.g. modeling, response prompting, corrective feedback, peer supports.
Tiered Levels of Instruction
• An approach to provide adult instructional supports that requires screening and ongoing assessment to determine impact of teaching/learning and adjustment of instruction.
• The intentional social supports/teaching that creates a classroom community of belonging for each child and facilitates positive relationships of respect, acceptance and friendship.
Strategies in place that including professional development, opportunities for collaboration and communication among families and practitioners to support high quality inclusion (DEC, NAYEC 2009).
• Teaching and learning activities that support inclusion and facilitate acquisition and application of professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions (NPDCI, 2011).
Models of Collaboration
• Approaches to support ongoing communication and collaboration include technical assistance, consultation, coaching, mentoring, collaborative problem-solving, and communities of practice/professional learning communities (NPDCI, 2011)
• Head Start