200 S. Sixth St.
Rockport, IN 47635
Pam Bell, SPED;
Rick Hunt, Principal
812-482-6661; 812 649-2201
Child Count: 17
- Push-in: Special educator or therapist provide services through integrated therapy services within the daily schedule.
- Consultative: Service delivery provided by general educator with periodic consultation from special educator and/or therapist.
Universal Design for Learning
- Flexible instructional approaches that guide developing instructional goals, methods, materials, and assessment for all learners provide multiple ways to engage children, present information and determine learning (CAST 2011).
- Any piece of equipment, or product system, acquired commercially, modified, or customized, used to maintain, increase, or improve functional capabilities of persons with disabilities, except medical devices surgically implanted (IDEA 2004).
- Planned interventions/modifications to ongoing classroom activity or materials to maximize children's participation.
- Strategies that address individual learning goals within the context of ongoing routines, activities and transitions.
- Used with children who require more intensive supports by providing targeted approaches to move children progressively toward skill development, e.g. modeling, response prompting, corrective feedback, peer supports.
- An approach to provide adult instructional supports that requires screening and ongoing assessment to determine impact of teaching/learning and adjustment of instruction.
- The intentional social supports/teaching that creates a classroom community of belonging for each child and facilitates positive relationships of respect, acceptance and friendship.
- Teaching and learning activities that support inclusion and facilitate acquisition and application of professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions (NPDCI, 2011).
- Approaches to support ongoing communication and collaboration include technical assistance, consultation, coaching, mentoring, collaborative problem-solving, and communities of practice/professional learning communities (NPDCI, 2011).
- Friday staff meetings, data meetings, planning and Professional Development opportunities, webinars, and the teacher shares info with teaching assistants, e.g. inclusive practices, classroom supports; currently have Professional Development 2 x month for teaching assistants, e.g. IEP components.
- Parent Tuition: fees set by school district paid by families of enrolled general education preschool children.