Secondary Transition Focus: Education
The Center on Community Living and Careers is home to the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center, sponsored by the Indiana Department of Education. The Resource Center:
- Creates and provides professional development activities, including webinars, podcasts, workshops, and comprehensive training and technical assistance for educational professionals.
- Develops and coordinates the statewide Cadre of Transition Leaders to more effectively support students with disabilities and their families by focusing on student-focused planning, student development, family involvement, interagency collaboration, and program structures.
- Supports the Indiana Department of Education’s Office of Special Education as it works to improve graduation rates, drop-out rates, compliant Transition IEPs, family involvement, and post-school outcomes.
Transition from School to Work: Vocational Rehabilitation Services
CCLC also provides a number of transition activities funded through Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services, including a variety of trainings to give educators and adult service providers the tools necessary to develop and implement quality transition services. Some activities include:
- Providing support for collaboration between VR counselors,employment providers, and schools.
- Developing a Summary of Performance for students that can be used by Vocational Rehabilitation Services and higher education institutions.
- Conducting webinars and creating outreach materials to help students and families in transition understand how to access Indiana VR . Watch “Working with Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services” here.
- Developing Frequently Asked Questions for VRS counselors so that students, families and schools can better understand roles, responsibilities and expectations.
For more information about secondary transition services, contact Teresa Grossi at the Center on Community Living and Careers, (812) 855-6508, or email@example.com
Indiana School-to-Work Collaborative Research
Is College for You?: Setting Goals and Taking Action
A Roadmap to Choosing an Employment Agency
Project SEARCH Indiana
More Secondary Transition Resources & Links