Deborah Reichmann, M.S.W., S.S.W.
Research Associate and Trainer, PBIS INemail: email@example.com
Trained as a clinical and school social worker, Deborah Reichmann brings over 17 years of experience in the field of education to her current work supporting school-wide systems change through more equitable and positive school discipline practices. Prior to her work with PBIS Indiana and the Center on Education and Lifelong Learning (CELL) at Indiana University, Ms. Reichmann supported students, staff, and families in the Detroit metro area as a School Social Worker. During this time, she also spearheaded her schools’ Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) initiative, facilitated classroom meetings and Restorative Conferences, parent groups, and staff professional development. She is passionate about working with students from diverse backgrounds, especially those with social and emotional challenges.
As a Research Associate and PBIS/Restorative Practices Trainer at CELL, Ms. Reichmann facilitates school leadership teams to develop culturally responsive classroom management practices, create positive climates, and restorative school discipline systems under the PBIS framework. Deborah is a licensed trainer with the International Institute for Restorative Practices and conducts workshops in addition to supporting district and school-wide change efforts incorporating restorative discipline practices.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI | M.S.W., Clinical Social Work, Children and Families | 2003
- State of Michigan | School Social Work License | 2004
- Indiana University | B.S., Environmental Policy | 1995
- International Institute for Restorative Practices, Bethlehem, PA | Licensed Trainer | 2013
- South Redford Public Schools | School Social Worker
- School Wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Individual, Group and Family Counseling
- Private Consulting
- Residential Treatment
- Substitute Teaching
- Youth Global Education Programming
Areas of Expertise
- Building Positive Classroom Climate
- Culturally Responsive Practices
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Mental Illness and Disabilities
- Restorative Justice Practices
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Trauma, Grief and Loss
- Studied American Sign Language for 10 years