Getting Older and Getting Wiser...Let's Talk About You
Duration: 1 - 2 hours
Successful aging through participation in productive activity is closely linked to both self-efficacy (the belief that one can exert some control over one's life) and to a positive sense of self.
Round table discussions for persons with disabilities and self advocacy organizations are offered in the following topic areas:
- Making Choices and Decisions
- Aging: What Does It Mean for Me?
- Things To Do and People to Know: Being a Member of the Community
- Work and Retirement Options
- Housing/Living Situations
- Getting Around: Transportation and Travel
- How's Your Love Life?: Dating and Marriage
- Wishes and Dreams for Your Future
- Dealing with Loss in Your Life and Supporting a Grieving Friend
A series of sessions is the recommended format.