Voice of the People Poster Series
Order this series online now at the E-Store
- Voice of the People: Attention Indiana poster
- Voice of the People: Attention Medical Community poster
- Voice of the People: Attention Support Staff poster
- Format: Posters
- Size: 16 x 21
- Copyright: 2005
- Price: $10.00 apiece or $25.00 for the set
A refreshing and colorful poster series highlighting common concerns and wishes of people with disabilities told in their own voices on an array of topics. The series will interest members of the general public, professionals, direct support staff, the medical community, self advocates and their family and friends.
- Attention Indiana - grabs the attention of the general public, as well as service providers, government agencies, policymakers, and advocates. This poster speaks to issues facing adults with disabilities in their day to day life with such statement as, “Let me be the one who asks for support,” “Try to understand my point of view,” “Know that my behavior may be trying to tell you what I can’t” and “Remember it’s my life.”
- Attention Medical Community - is an attractive addition to the walls of a physician’s office and is informative for both medical and dental professionals and patients with disabilities. Some examples of messages include, “Don’t be scared of me,” “I can’t understand you when you talk so fast,” “Just because I have an intellectual disability doesn’t mean I don’t know anything,” and “I have the right to say NO.” Send one to your doctor and dentist!
- Attention Support Staff - offers specific ideas and suggestions on how support staff can be most respectful and helpful to those they are supporting. Ideas include, “Teach me-don’t do it for me,” “Explain things in a way I can understand,” “Understand all people have a bad day” and “Treat me like and adult.”