Employment specialists, vocational rehabilitation consultants, and other Indiana employment professionals need resources and tools to help them implement the Indiana Employment Services Model. Introducing Shared Solutions, a resource blog from the VR Training & Technical Assistance Team at the Center on Community Living and Careers. Each post will feature information about a particular aspect of community employment, planning charts, videos, promising practices, and more. For easy access, subscribe to Shared Solutions and bookmark the site!
Tools & Documents for Use with the Indiana Employment Services Model
Indiana's employment specialists and other community employment provider personnel work with Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services on implementation of the state's Employment Services Model for job seekers who have disabilities or mental health challenges. The tools and forms listed below are for their reference and use.
Discovery Translation Chart
Employment Services Activities Guide
Employment Services Documentation Guide
Sample Weekly Planner of Caseload Activity
Find additional forms, documentation, and the VR Employment Services Manual on the
Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services website. (Scroll down to "Additional Resources.")
- The Hoosier Orientation Handbook on Employment, Third Edition—a guide for Indiana employment specialists, consultants and other professionals working with employees and job seekers throughout the state. Contains updated information on the Employment Service Model, Discovery, job development, documentation, and more.
- A Roadmap to Choosing an Employment Agency –a workbook designed to help individuals and families ask the right questions when interviewing employment agencies.
- Social Security and Other Work Incentives—fact sheets on the many programs available to support working people with disabilities and their families.
- Project SEARCH Indiana–based on a model developed by Cincinnati Children's Hospital, partners businesses with schools and community service providers to help young adults and students with significant disabilities learn skills and obtain meaningful employment. Click on the link above to learn more about this promising new program.
- Working with Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services--a short video illustrating the process of working with VR. Includes information on who is eligible, the application and referral process, and services. Also available in Spanish! Indiana Servicios de Rehabilitacion Vocation
- Additional Resources and Links–Click here for more information and links to helpful websites and materials.