Bridging Research to PracticeWe help translate the latest research findings into easily understood practices and policies that can be carried out with fidelity. We conduct research and share evidence-based practices with a wide audience to test and improve policies, programs, and practices.
- We conducted a study with the Indiana Department of Education Special Education Office to identify Indiana school districts with high percentages of preschool inclusive services and high impact on child outcomes (serving a high percentage of preschoolers with disabilities in regular early childhood classrooms and having a high impact on child outcomes). The results informed the Indiana Online Directory of Effective Preschool Inclusion Models of participating school districts and the evidence-based practices they implement to provide effective preschool inclusion.
- We evaluated the state's first publicly-funded preschool pilot, the Early Education Matching Grant (EEMG) during its three years.
- We examined kindergarten discontinuity, specifically in regards to the long-term effects of exclusionary practices.
- We investigated the impact of a family engagement effort intended to improve preschool attendance.
Designing and Providing Effective Professional DevelopmentWe provide intensive professional learning opportunities that exceed traditional workshops and assists individual professionals implementing evidence-based practices. We provide training and technical assistance on a variety of early childhood topics that build professionals' capacity to apply specific skills and best practices.
- We combine an evidence-based coaching model (Practice Based Coaching [PBC]) with training to increase the quality and fidelity of practices in local early childhood programs and during First Steps home-visits.
- We provided training and PBC in select school districts to improve inclusive preschool practices and in local Head Start programs to adopt the Pyramid Model practices to support young children's social-emotional development.
- We successfully helped multiple statewide early education programs implement effective family engagement strategies by designing and delivering a comprehensive training system for early intervention providers.
- Lastly, we coordinated the past two statewide First Steps conferences (2018 & 2019), developed and provided a week long preschool inclusion institute (2018), and conducted numerous face to face and virtual training opportunities.
How can we help you positively affect change in your organization?