The Indiana Resource Center for Autism (IRCA) at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community is a statewide program that focuses on educating and promoting programming and services for those on the autism spectrum and their families. When (IRCA) was first created in the 1980’s, the incidence of autism was 1 in 10,000. Today, in Indiana, the incidence is 1 in 83. This means that there is an increased need for information and support for individuals, families and professionals. By donating to the Indiana Resource Center for Autism, we will be able to continue and expand our work in:
- Training school districts and building their local expertise in providing educational programming that is effective and evidence-based;
- Disseminating information to families via onsite training, and through specific consultations;
- Developing and disseminating information via the web, our electronic newsletter, listservs, Facebook, Twitter, and via other social networking outlets;
- Educating First Responders across Indiana to ensure that individuals are understood and supported in emergency situations;
- Maintaining and expanding information about services in Indiana to ensure that families are able to more easily understand and access services;
- Supporting students on the autism spectrum at Indiana University through the Students on the Spectrum Club;
- Creating materials that can be distributed via the various parents support groups and autism professionals in the state;
- Educating adult agency providers to better support adults in employment and living situations;
- Engaging in research and development to identify better ways to teach, and provide supports in home, school and adult settings;
- Conducting social skills groups and assessment through our clinic; and
- Conducting individual consultations for those who are experiencing various behavioral and other challenges.
These are just a few examples of our activities. If you are interested in supporting any of these activities, please contribute to IRCA. Checks should be made out to Indiana University Foundation, with notation made, "For Indiana Resource Center for Autism" and mailed to: Indiana Resource Center for Autism, Attention: Dr. Cathy Pratt, 1905 North Range Road, Bloomington, IN 47408-9801. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Cathy Pratt at email@example.com or call (812) 855-6508.