Indiana Resource Center for Autism
Service Options 2018-2019
The Indiana Resource Center for Autism (IRCA) staff host a number of regional and statewide trainings and workshops annually on a host of topics. A complete list of these workshops is updated regularly and can be found at https://www.iidc.indiana.edu/pages/available-workshops.
At times, districts and agencies have specific and local needs that can be met best using a more personalized approach. For these situations, we can conduct consultations for specific individuals, conduct district/agency level workshops, and/or engage in more extended and intensive coaching/training. Our goal is to work collaboratively to build local capacity, and to create sustainable and positive change. Regardless of the option chosen, all practices taught or coached reflect evidence-based practices (EBP). All options integrate well with other initiatives, such as Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) and Positive Behavior Support (PBIS). For more information about the Indiana Resource Center for Autism, visit our website at www.iidc.indiana.edu/irca.
At times, specific individuals present learning and/or behavior difficulties that challenge all involved. An IRCA staff person will come to your district, agency, or home to observe an individual. Assessment will be conducted (usually via observation, interviews and data review), strategies discussed, and followed with a written report. IRCA staff may also request a team meeting at the end of an observation. For consults that require a more detailed assessment (such as conducting/assisting with a (FBA) functional behavioral assessment) additional time and fees will be negotiated. Follow-up visits are available.
Cost: $900 for initial visit; $500 for follow-up visits. Follow-up calls and emails are free.
While IRCA hosts a number of statewide and regional conferences annually, individual districts/schools/agencies may have a specific need. We can present workshops on a host of topics and will personalize to meet your needs. Potential topics include: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors, Implementing Evidence-Based Practices and School-Wide Impact; Functional Behavior Assessment; Differentiated Instruction, Using the Ziggurat and CAPS Model; Puberty; Hygiene; Relationships and Sexual Health; Social Skills Instruction; Structured TEACCH©ing Strategies; Social Skill and Pragmatic Assessment; Technology-Assisted Interventions; Visual Supports; Communication; Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA); Video Self-Modeling; Daily Living Skills; Addressing Mental Health Challenges and many others.
Cost: $1,500 per day; $900 for 4 hours or under. Cost includes handouts and travel expenses.
For this level of service, an IRCA staff member is assigned to your district/agency for an agreed upon number of days during the school year. Goals and associated outcomes are collaboratively outlined and may include any of the following:
- Program evaluation that may include the Autism Program Environmental Rating Scale (APERS) to assess strengths and challenges within your school environment with a report detailing recommendations for which evidence-based strategies should be prioritized. Other program evaluation procedures can be used and negotiated with staff members.
- Individual coaching and consultation to assist in classroom re-organization, schedule development, staffing choreography and other features of the classroom, strategies for including students in the general education settings in a more meaningful way, data collection, and goal development with a focus on outcomes.
- Coaching on how to problem-solve difficult situations through reflective conversation, how to use a partnership approach with staff to improve programs and instruction, how to support teachers in implementing evidence-based practices, how to train staff about practical strategies to use in the general and special education classroom environment, and how to support parents and families.
- Coaching and Mentoring for beginning teachers or new autism leaders to promote implementation of evidence-based practices EBP with a goal of reaching success with the students in the classroom.
- District level workshops or coaching to assist with implementation on a broader level.
The format, process, desired outcomes and content can and will be negotiated. Our goal is to support your local efforts and move your district /agency forward. Many of the strategies taught and coach can be applied universally for all students and can support other district level initiatives.
Cost: $900 a day.
Please do not hesitate to call or email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 812-855-6508.