Indiana School Mental Health Initiative
Indiana Institute on Disability and Community
Indiana University – Bloomington
with the Indiana Department of Education and
the Indiana Division of Mental Health & Addictions
Attend the Summit to:
- Learn from state and national experts
- Work interactively with your district team during dedicated team planning time to leave with a workbook of steps for implementation
- Hear how school districts are creating conditions for learning and reallocating resources to address needs of the whole child within school frameworks
- Connect to resources and supports
- Explore how to create better school-based mental health services and collaborative efforts with community partners
- Network with speakers, exhibitors, and other districts outside of presentations
Dr. Isaiah Pickens, CEO of iOpening Enterprises and
Dr. Adam Saenz, Clinical Director, Oakwood Collaborative
More information about other speakers and bios will be available soon.
Who Should Attend:
As was done last year, the 2nd Annual Educating the Whole Child Summit will once again focus on district implementation and integration of SEL and mental health as part of creating the conditions for learning. A substantial amount of time is dedicated to team work and planning time. To this end, we recommend districts send leadership teams in order to get the most they can out of the Summit. However, we recognize that this is not possible for all districts and so please know we also do the best we can to make this meaningful should you only be able to send 1 or 2 people. With this in mind we would like to offer the below suggestions as to who to include on your team, but also recognize that each team will look different.
- Person(s) most responsible within district for overseeing SEL/Mental Health
- One or two administrators (this could include your superintendent)
- Teacher leaders
- Key school-based community mental health provider
- Student Services Coordinators
- Data Specialist
For now, we have set a max of 8 people per district so as many districts as possible will have a chance to send a team but we will also begin a waiting list and will open it up to larger numbers per district should there be space closer to the event. To have additional names added to wait list, please contact Julia Hillenburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Whole Child Summit Hotel Information:
Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 E 21st St, Indianapolis, IN 46219, (317) 352-1231
The room rate/block is confirmed at $129/night at the Marriott East. Free parking.
To obtain the room rate/block use this link: https://book.passkey.com/go/childsummit
Please contact the Indiana University Office of Conference & Event Registration Services at (800) 933-9330, or by email email@example.com or the Summit Conference Manager, Nora Kline at (812) 856-4039, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates of Attendance:
Certificates of Attendance for 12 instructional hours will be available for free and can be used for:
- Professional Growth Plan points.
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency Continuing Education credits for speech language pathologists, occupational therapists and occupational therapist assistants licensing requirements.
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency for Category I Continuing Education hours for Social Workers (LSW), Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Addiction Counselors (LAC) and Clinical Addiction Counselors (LCAC), Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and Mental Health Counselors (LMHC) licensing requirements.
Registration $200. Registration includes breakfast and lunch; free parking.
The Indiana School Mental Health Initiative is committed to providing equal access to this event for all participants. If you have questions about accessibility, or have a request for alternative formats or other accommodations, please contact Julia Hillenburg (email@example.com) with your request at least four weeks in advance of the event. Deadline for accommodations request for this workshop is 1/19/20.
More detailed information coming soon. Questions? Please contact Kristy Eaton at firstname.lastname@example.org