The Early Chilhood Center has many products available for free download. We also have several for purchase products available through the e-store. See our list below.
Welcoming All Children: Creating Inclusive Child Care was recently revised by the First Steps Interagency Coordinating Council's Community Integration Committee. This revision was made possible with support from the Early Childhood Center, the Indiana Association for Child Care Resource and Referral. the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning, and UTS ProKids.
In addition, the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning sponsored the development of seven video modules that have been uploaded to YouTube. You can go to each module by clicking on the links below.
Now Available FREE!
An Introduction to Special Education in Indiana (2009) is written for parents who are new to the special education system. It includes an overview of special education laws, and sections on the referral, educational evaluation, and case conference and IEP processes.
This booklet combines our 3 previous special education booklets and has been revised and updated to reflect changes made in Indiana's special education law, Article 7.
Early Childhood Center Publications for Sale
Products are available through the Indiana Institute’s E-Store. Click on the title links below for descriptions and ordering information.
Adapting curriculum and instruction in inclusive early childhood settings, rev. ed. (2004)* An easy to read book loaded with an array of practical suggestions. It is an excellent tool for kindergarten, child care, Head Start, and preschool special education teachers who work with young children with disabilities.
Early Childhood Center Publications Available at No Cost
Inclusive Early Education
- Inclusion research series: Children with significant disabilities served in inclusive community settings:
- Early intervention in everyday routines, activities, and places: Guidelines for Indiana
- Local planning & coordinating councils: Their structure, responsibilities & challenges, rev. ed. (2007)
- Roles and best practice indicators of developmental therapy specialists
Health and Safety
- Comparison of Indiana's child care licensing and registration requirements to the national health and safety performance standards: Guidelines for out-of-home child care programs
- Environments in licensed child care in Indiana: A study of licensed child care homes and center-based classrooms for four-year-olds
- Final report on the effect of child care health consultation on child care health and safety