Software Resources for
Compiled by Kristie Brown Lofland, M.S., CCC-A
Different Roads to Learning
37 East 18th St, 10th floor, New York, NY 10003
Phone: 800-853-1057, Fax: 800-317-9148.
1. School Routines and Rules – Contains over 2000 color photographs of young children doing a variety of school routines and activities.The categories are L arrival/departure, art, bathroom, cafeteria, chores, circle time, classroom, facilities, free play, gym, health, math, music, 1 on 1, OT/PT, Reading, recess, science, seat work, speech therapy, supplies, and visual aids.
2. Places You Go, Things You Do - Contains over 3500 color photographs of everyday activities and community locations.Pictures are divided into 58 folders within the main areas of appointments, classes, dining, leisure, places, shopping, sports and travel.
3. Functional Living Skills and Behavioral Rules - Contains over 1000 color photographs of children, adolescents and adults doing a variety of functional activities.Activity areas include daily schedule, personal hygiene, toileting, homework, leisure, simple meal, prep, community and behavioral rules.
4. Picture This (Professional Version 3.0) – Contains over 5500 color photographs to enable you to create schedules and manage a discrete trial program.You can search by letter, word or phonetically.
5. Teaching Pix 2 - Contains over 10,000 images in 64 categories. Enables you to print your own flashcards and features actions, the alphabet, animals, appliances, associations, colors, clothing, body parts, food and drink, gender, money, musical instruments, numbers, park and playground, block structures, prepositions, shape, toys, vehicles, and tools.
6. Visual Essentials for Behavior Management, Nonverbal Communication, and Picture Schedules – Contains over 3000 photos, templates and layouts to help develop independence and improved communication while decreasing negative behaviors.Categories include animals, attributes, bad behavior, bathroom, bedroom,, body, chores, clothing, emotions, food, good behavior, health, holidays, money, nature, objects, outings, places, prepositions, school, sports and leisure, street signs, time, toys verbs and vehicles.
7. PECS DVD – An overview of the Picture Exchange communication system and how to use it.To be used in conjunction with the PECS Manual.
8. Pics for PECS 2010 – Contains over 2600 images to be used in communication notebooks, schedules, activity boards and visual reinforcement systems.
2100 Wharton St., Suite 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
1. Boardmaker Studio – Can be purchased by CD or downloaded.A new platform to create interactive and print material.Does not require a CD in the drive to use.More than 100 templates organized by category.Has a collection of Boardmaker libraries, studio minis and PECS symbol collections.Integrated support from BoardmakerShare.
2. Boardmaker! – Allows you to create printed materials like communication boards, sequences and schedules.Design your own materials with topics, symbols, labes, colors, borders and languages.
3.Boardmaker Plus! – Allows all the features of the original Boardmaker program plus sharing the CD in multiple places.
4. Boardmaker with Speaking Dynamically Pro - Builds on the capabilities of Boardmaker Plus by adding natural sounding voices, word prediction and abbreviation expansion to support AAC.
5. BoardmakerShare.com – Is a free community for finding thousands of activities on hundreds of topics.You can also connect with people who use the same resources you do and are happy to share.
6. Signing Time DVDs (Series 1 and 2) - Each series has 13 volumes that help to teach beginning sign language. Each volume is based on a particular topic.