Independent Contractor/Interviewer Contract Services Description
The Indiana Institute on Disability and Community (IIDC) at Indiana University through an agreement with the Indiana Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) and the Bureau of Quality Improvement Services (BQIS) is responsible for completing individual, family, and provider survey data collection on National Core Indicators for the state’s quality assurance initiatives.
IIDC is seeking independent contractors to collect survey data via on-line and in-person interviews. Some interviews may require travel, dependent on state and local restrictions and safety protocols related to COVID-19. Contractors will be expected to complete 5-10 interviews per week over a 6-month period (January -June) with interviews ranging from 1-2 hours each. The contractors will work closely with IIDC and BQIS leadership for National Core Indicators and will be supervised by Marcie Beers, NCI In-Person Survey Coordinator.
- Complete interviewer on-line and live webinar trainings prior to conducting interviews
- Conduct interviews with people with intellectual and development disabilities (IDD) who use supports and services in Indiana through the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services.
- Interviewers are expected to use their own computers and internet service for remote interviews
- Some in-person surveys may take place within the region/BDDS district where the interviewer resides
- Schedule interviews required for quality assurance
- Interviewers are expected to use their own phone
- Communicate with legal guardians (if necessary) to obtain consent to participate in the survey
- Track all surveying activities in an on-line platform
- Enter survey data with accuracy into on on-line database
- Submit online invoices for payment/reimbursement as an independent contractor consistently and accurately
- Respond to communications with project staff in a timely manner
- Communicate issues with project staff immediately
- Travel throughout their region/BDDS district to conduct interviews, if necessary
- Knowledge and experience with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and the developmental disabilities services system
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Consistent and reliable access to a computer with a webcam, phone, and reliable internet
- Self-initiation with the ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Indiana driver’s license and/or access to reliable transport
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and a computer; general knowledge of Excel
- A phone number you can share with project staff and survey participants
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of lived or work experience in the disability field
- Direct experience with individuals with intellectual and development disabilities
- Family member of or individual with a disability
- Fluent in ASL or Spanish
Link to application
Send a resume and completed application:
Marcie Beers, NCI In-Person Survey Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Start Date: December 2020
End Date: June 30, 2021
Pay: $50 per interview plus mileage reimbursement if applicable
We anticipate contacting applicants for short on-line interviews beginning December 7, 2020.
We will be accepting applications until positions are filled.