A Statement of Solidarity
From the day CELL opened its doors over twenty years ago, our mission has been to welcome, include, educate, and support all learners. Sadly, that mission is too often confounded by the structural and systemic racism and discriminating policies that were baked into the founding of our nation. Acts of senseless violence are manifestations of the inequities and injustices that far too many people encounter on a regular basis. Our work at CELL is but a small part of the critical fight against injustice. As members of the Indiana University and IIDC community, we
- Act in solidarity with our communities and those fighting oppression.
- Condemn those who seek to divide us based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, ability or sexual orientation.
- Recommit to the hard work of addressing racism and social justice.
- Stand alongside those fighting oppression tomorrow and always, and
- Encourage our colleagues to join us in creating space to discuss and act against violence and injustice in our communities.