Dr. Teresa Grossi is the Director of Strategic Developments at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community at Indiana University, Indiana’s University Center for Excellence on Disabilities, and Adjunct Professor in the School of Education.
Grossi’s research and teaching background spans many years with focus on secondary transition services, integrated employment and community living for individuals with disabilities.
Grossi holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling and Rehabilitation from Marshall University, a Master’s in Education from the University of North Carolina Charlotte and, a Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis and Special Education, The Ohio State University.
- Inclusive Practices
- Integrated Employment
- Interagency Collaboration
- Secondary Transition Services from School to Adult Life
- Systems Change Process
- Cole, S. M., Murphy, H. R., Frisby, M. B., Grossi, T. A., & Bolte, H. R. (2020). The relationship of special education placement and student academic outcomes. The Journal of Special Education, 54(4), 217–227. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022466920925033
- Grossi, T., & Cole, C. (2013). Teaching transition skills in the inclusive schools. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Grossi, T., Nord, D., Andresen, J. (2020). Earning a real wage: A statewide investigation of young adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities,58(4), 264–272. https://doi.org/10.1352/1934-9556-58.4.264
- Grossi, T., Thomas, F., & Held, M. (2019). Making a collective impact: A school-to-work collaborative model. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 51(3), 395-407. DOI: 10.3233/JVR-191054
- Nord, D., Grossi, T, & Andresen, J. (2020). Employment equity for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities across the lifespan: The effects of state funding. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 58(4), 288–300. https://doi.org/10.1352/1934-9556-58.4.288