Lynne Hall is a research associate with the Early Childhood Center (ECC) at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Indiana University, Bloomington.
Hall began her career as a family child-care provider before becoming a preschool teacher. She spent 10 years providing in home care and 10+ years teaching in private, public, and registered ministry preschools before joining the ECC team in 2015.
Degrees and Credentials
Hall holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature from the University of Louisville and a Master’s in Education from Indiana University. Her teaching license includes Early Childhood Education and Services, Elementary/Primary Generalist, and Elementary/Intermediate Generalist. She is also certified as a Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool (TPOT) Preschool Observer and a Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) Preschool Observer.
I believe ALL children deserve high-quality early education experiences. I am passionate about sharing evidence-based practices that develop children’s academic and social-emotional skills. I have provided numerous presentations and workshops on these topics, as well as Practice-Based Coaching (an evidence-based coaching model) to teachers as they learn, refine, and implement new practices.
- Evidence-based practices that increase school readiness
- The Pyramid Model (successful strategies for developing social-emotional skills and addressing challenging behavior)
- High quality preschool inclusive services
- Artful learning strategies that attribute to school readiness
Publications and Evaluation Reports
- Carney, C.L., Weltsek, G.J., Hall, M.L., Brinn, G. (2016). Arts infusion and literacy achievement within underserved communities: A matter of equity. Arts Education Policy Review; 117 (4), pp. 230-243, doi: 10.1080/10632913.2016.1213123
- Conn-Powers, Michael, Reed-Crawford, Sally, Dixon, Sue, Hall, Lynne, Bonifacio, Kirsten (2017). Indiana’s efforts to provide inclusive special education services for preschoolers with disabilities: 2017
- Conn-Powers, Michael, Hall, Lynne, Reed-Crawford, Sally, Dixon, Sue, Ballard, Janet, Herron, Katherine, Bonifacio, Kirsten (2017). Evaluation of Indiana’s Early Education Matching Grant Program: 2016-17.
Awards and Honors
- Bellwether Award Finalist Arts Infusion Project Participant
- MCCSC Title 1 Preschool Teacher Excellence Award