Matthew Norris is a research associate with the Center for Health Equity (CHE) at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Indiana University, Bloomington.
Norris works as project staff for ADA-Indiana, an organization that provides information, training, and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). He also serves as the project coordinator for the Indiana Disability and Health Project and the Oral Health for Hoosiers with Disabilities.
Before coming to the Indiana Institute, Norris worked at various health and social service organizations in the Bloomington area such as IU Health Bloomington Hospital, the Center for Behavioral Health, and Stone Belt ARC. During his time at Center for Behavioral Health, he served as a community case manager supporting adults (and families) living with severe mental illness in Monroe, Owen, and Morgan counties. While completing his Masters of Social Work degree, Norris completed his advanced practicums with Stone Belt ARC (Monroe and Lawrence County) and with Healthy Communities of Bartholomew County, housed at Columbus Regional Hospital.
Norris holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Indiana University and a Masters of Social Work from Indiana University School of Social Work.
Matt is passionate about community life for people with disabilities. In addition to his work at the Institute, he volunteers with the Transportation and Mobility Committee of the Bloomington Council for Community Accessibility.
- Americans with Disabilities Act; Civil Rights
- Community Participation
- Health Disparities
- Norris, M. (2016). Disability poll: A focus on the Indiana disability plan [technical report]. Indiana University, Indiana Institute on Disability and Community.
- Pappas, V., Norris, M., & Stafford, P. (2015). Task force on disability & health: Final report and recommendations. Indiana University, Indiana Institute on Disability and Community.
- Norris, M. (2015). ADA report card for Indiana. Indiana University, Indiana Institute on Disability and Community.
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health | IU School of Public Health | Expected May 2019
- ADA Coordinators’ Training Certification Program | University of Missouri, Disability and Policy Studies | 2013