Library materials are available to borrow by any Indiana resident as well as the faculty, staff, and students of Indiana University. Requests for materials can be made in person, by telephone, email, or through the mail.
- Patrons get a period of four weeks to use our library materials.
- The materials can be renewed up to five times for an additional four week period, unless someone else has requested them.
- We're happy to send our materials through the mail to those who are unable to check them out in person.
- Our library materials can be returned through the mail or can be returned to any Indiana University campus library throughout the state.
- A hold can be placed on items that are currently checked out. Patrons are notified when the material becomes available.
- Renewed books are subject to recall if another patron requests them.
- Patrons are notified when a hold is placed on an item checked out to them.
- Two overdue reminders will be sent either by email or postal mail.
- If materials have not been renewed or returned after two overdue reminders are sent, a bill will be sent to patrons to cover the cost of purchasing the item and processing it again. A portion of this processing fee is nonrefundable.