What is IN-TASS?
The Indiana Teacher Appraisal and Support System (IN-TASS) employs a flexible and collaborative process to advise districts as they work with stakeholders to design a teacher appraisal system that meets and exceeds the requirements of Indiana legislation. IN-TASS identifies key decision points in the creation of a system that not only assesses, but supports, effective teaching. IN-TASS does not recommend a single "model" but provides guiding questions, makes recommendations regarding best practices, and facilitates reflective conversation as districts design systems that best meet their needs. The IN-TASS process helps districts create:
1. A system that ensures fair and accurate judgments about the teaching and learning process.
2. A system that enables valid judgments/assessment of student growth.
3. A system that includes multiple measures of student achievement.
4. A system that facilitates a productive professional dialogue among teachers and administrators to ensure continuous improvement.
5. A system that creates confidence and support for all stakeholders.
6. A system that incorporates procedures to address anomalies and inconsistencies in the implementation process.
7. A system that incorporates collegial decision-making.
For more information, contact Dr. Sandi Cole at email@example.com