The Center on Community Living and Careers offers training for Indiana middle and high school teachers who need information, resources, and assessments for their students preparing to transition to employment or postsecondary education and planning to live in their communities. Training is offered through CCLC's Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC).INSTRC Training Information
The Transition to Life After High School
The Transition IEP Miniseries
A Transition Inidvidualized Education Program (IEP) is the plan that takes students with disabilities from high school to their lives, living, working, and participating in their communities. The Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center, a project of the Center on Community Living and Careers, offers an online training course to transition teachers and administrators as well as members of the public.
The seven-module Transition IEP Miniseries presents the structure and components of a quality Transition IEP and the cyclical, aligned transition planning process. The course can be taken as a whole or in individual modules:
- Transition IEP: Introduction
- Student Involvement
- Present Levels of Performance
- Transition Assessments and Postsecondary Goals
- Transition Services and Activities/Adult Agency Supports
- Transition IEP: Annual Goals
- Transition IEP: Conclusion
To enroll, follow the login and sign-up instructions:
2020 Regional IEP Training: Building Bridges to QualityZoom with us this year! Join the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center; the Indiana Department of Education, Office of Special Education; the Indiana IEP Resource Center, and Project Success online. We’ll be presenting on multiple dates. Be sure to save time on your calendar to connect with us on all four topics.
Who should attend? Education teams overseeing the quality and compliance of Transition IEPs in districts and/or cooperatives. Teams can include special education directors, assistant directors, coordinators, department chairs, and teachers.
All Building Bridges to Quality webinars are free!
Hear updates on:
- August 17 Federal IEP Monitoring, 10-11:30 a.m. or 2-3:30 p.m
- August 18 The Transition IEP, 10-11:30 a.m. or 2-3:30 p.m.
- August 19 Annual Goals, 10-11:30 a.m. or 2-3:30 p.m.
- August 21 Indicator 14 & District IEP Self-Monitoring, 10-11:30 a.m.
For more information and to register now.
- Indiana Department of Education, Office of Special Education
- Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center
- Indiana IEP Resource Center
- Project Success
Plan Now to Attend: The Indiana Transition Conference in 2021!
An opportunity to learn from leaders in transition, network with colleagues, talk with parents, meet with employers, and much more! We'll publish the location, dates, and opportunities for participation here and on the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center website. Stay tuned.