Transition Portfolio Trainings for Teachers
Transition Portfolios are a relatively new tool at the ready in the transition toolboxes of Indiana's secondary teachers and administrators. To explore how portfolios are used and how they can be helpful for transition-age students as they plan for employment, CCLC's Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC) is offering a series of five topic-based webinars in March.
- March 2 Here I Am, Let's Come Up with a Plan! Overview. Learn what Transition Portfolios can do for your students.
- March 3 Look at Me! So Much to See Find out how to capture information about a student's learning characteristics.
- March 4 The Things I Achieve, You Wouldn't Believe Recording and capturing a student's academic skills and achievements.
- March 8 Job One, Job Two, Finding the Right Job for You! Recognizing and recording student employability skills.
- March 12 Hop on Top, Cream of the Crop! Learn and practice the step-by-step how-tos by navigating through several Transition Portfolio examples.
The webinars, sponsored by the Indiana Department of Education, Office of Special Education, will be offered twice each day, once in the morning and again in the afternoon.
For more information, webinar times, and to register, visit the Transition Portfolio Training page on the INSTRC website. Or go straight to registration.
INSTRC is a project of IIDC's Center on Community Living and Careers.