The mission of the Center on Community Living and Careers is to promote partnerships between schools and support organizations to bring about positive changes in the lives of individuals and families as they live, work, and participate in their communities.
The Center is guided by the following beliefs about people with disabilities, their families, and the services they receive:
- All people should have the opportunity to live, work, and enjoy life in typical settings.
- People with disabilities should receive the same wages and benefits as people without disabilities.
- People with disabilities should have access to the same services in the same places as persons without disabilities.
- Individuals with disabilities should receive the same wages and benefits others receive for the same work.
- Families and individuals with disabilities must be involved in the design, operation, monitoring, and funding of services.
- Services should foster relationships and interdependence.